Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9, 2018 - PROGRESS EVERY DAY!
    The surprise has been how rapidly my hearing is returning to normal. Part of the reason has been because my Audiologist continued programming my CI last Thursday, July 5th. She added the T Loop setting in Mode 2 and volume settings in Modes 3 and 4. I can switch between these by pressing the mode button on my behind-the-ear CI.
    I was able to test this at church yesterday - first setting my CI to the T-Loop, and then clicking my ComPilot to T-Loop setting. This worked just fine, and I could hear every word, and the music as well!
    If I'm approved by the VA for a Naida™ Link to replace the HA in my right ear, I'll be able to switch modes for both ears using a new ComPilot paired with the Link. Right now, the ComPilot I wear controls just the HA not my CI.
    Here's what AB says: "The Phonak Naída™ Link, is the world’s first hearing aid offering full-bandwidth, bidirectional audio streaming with the Naída CI sound processor. Using shared technology co-developed by AB and Phonak, the Naída™ devices are able to communicate with each other in a way no other hearing aid and cochlear implant combination can match."
    Each day I've practiced listening to a variety of sound sources. I've spent time watching and hearing fascinating lectures on The World's Great Inventions on my Apple computer, tuned to a variety of channels on TV, enjoying music on my car radio and Internet radio using my PC. I've been able to make and receive phone calls on my cell phone and Magic Jack. I'm missing very little.
    Each of the major manufacturers of CI equipment has websites with practice exercises designed to enhance and test specific hearing challenges such as word recognition, sentence comprehension, understanding a story, vowel discrimination and more.
    This is "brain-training," and I've found the exercises both interesting and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment