Monday, June 25, 2018

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - IMPLANT
     Today was my CI surgery in Tampa. To be ready for my operation prep at 7:30 am, daughter Gayle, my Designated Driver, and I had to leave at 5:30. I was up at 4:15. My internal alarm went off before the clock buzzed. God put it there and set it at the right minute to go off after 5 hours of sound sleep instead of my usual 8 - 10. Amazing! This has happened before on other important occasions. Can you think of any way other than the incredible body / brain systems we are blessed with? I can't.
    The Anesthesiologist, stopped by briefly, smiling impishly, explained I'd have Propofol, the same thing that put Michael Jackson to sleep, but not for such an extended period.
At 9 am my Surgeon and I were both ready and scrubbed. Me - twice the night before using a specially prescribed anti-bacterial soap for two showers, one after the other, as directed.

Clean and mean at 5:30 am.


I was the first of five operations my doctor did today. What a gifted surgeon and pioneer in this specialty!
It's now after 11pm. I've had no dizziness and no pain. Walking with no trouble.
I guess the pain and nausea meds prescribed in advance will go to waste. I think the Lord was holding my hand and his. I came away about 12:30 looking like this with a hard plastic ear protector.
    Today was notable for another reason - the President's Summit with Kim Jong Un. My only criticism is that he didn't mention my CI at the press Conference.
    Maybe he'll Tweet it.
    Perhaps I should send my unused meds to some of the talking heads on TV who will be denigrating this "Reach for Peace." Their specialties are pain and nausea!
    Out of the four possibilities mentioned, you can probably guess the two miracle workers in my prayers of thanks tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment